Hank's Table

Hank's Table

Monday, December 29, 2014

Saying Goodbye: Last Service As A Member Of TPOM

8 Wonderful Years

For the past 8 years I have served in different capacities of ministry at The Pentecostals of Murfreesboro. Highlights have included Discipleship Director, Youth & College Outreach, Sunday School Teacher, Committee Member, and of recent Ephesus Campus President at MTSU and working with the Spanish Ministry. Each ministry has been a tremendous blessing and the experience I have gained from each has been priceless.

The DePriest & Allen's

However the best part of serving at TPOM was working under Bishop DePriest and Pastor Allen. The gratitude and respect that I have for these men cannot be put into words. Some of my favorite memories are sitting at the table with Bishop DePriest brainstorming, drawing out plans, and executing them. He was always ministry minded and wanted to do everything with excellence. Pastor Allen is an incredible man and a true inspiration to me. He's a family man, passionate, and always growing in wisdom. Both of these men have been my pastor. Comforted me after the passing of my mother. They both married my wife and I. Showed loved to my wife and I during the birth of our daughter. They both have loving wives, gentle, strong, and great mothers who
have inspired my wife (For the record Sis. D is the best teacher & Sis. Chassidy gave my daughter her first bath). I am every grateful for them believing in me and investing in me.

Being prayed for by the ministry before we start our ministry
in Mt. Juliet at Church Alive

Saying Goodbye 

Preaching "Restored for a New Year"
at Los Pentecostales De Murfreesboro
Photo by Farlon Williams
Saying goodbye yesterday was bittersweet. Since moving to Murfreesboro I have established great friends. They are more than friends, more like family, and I love my TPOM family. TPOM is truly a wonderful church with wonderful people. Deep down inside I know that we will see them again, in fact, we have built such good relationships that I expect it. When it was announced at Family Christmas that we were leaving there was shock, excitement, and lots of love. The hugs, good wishes, and prayers meant so much to us. On our last Sunday Bro. Freeman (Spanish Pastor) asked me to preach. It was a great honor to bring forth the Word to our friends and family at Los Pentecotales De Murfreesboro. Working with the ACTIV8 students, teaching on Wednesday nights, and preaching to that congregation has been a blessing to my and I. We will miss them all! 




Joining Church Alive

What makes us excited is the future. In 2015
my family and I will be joining Church Alive in Mt. Juliet as the Student Pastors of VAPOR Student Ministries. We are thrilled and honored to have the privilege to work with Pastor Armstrong and Pastor Page. What also overjoys us is knowing that we are joining a church that is a part of the TPOM family of churches. In 1997 Pastor Armstrong and his family started Church Alive, becoming the second daughter work church out of TPOM. Our goal is to spiritaully and physically grow the students of VAPOR in discipleship, ministry, and numbers. Our prayer is to be a blessing to the saints and ministry team at our new home, Church Alive. 

For more info about Church Alive click the link below

No comments:

Post a Comment