Hank's Table

Hank's Table

Monday, August 11, 2014

Harper's First Church Service: Three Church Services that Could Not Have Been More Perfect

This has been a great week and one I will never forget. Since my daughter has been born we have not got her out much due to the advice of her doctor. So for those that have not been able to come visit her they have only had the chance to see her in photos from Facebook. Many of our church family have been asking the question of when would we be able to bring her to church and this week we were able to.

Harper's First Sunday at Church
First Service
Her very first service took place in Cookeville, TN when I was asked to preach along side of two other ministers from the church I attend in Murfreesboro. All three of us are going before the board this October to get our ministers license. In order to be licensed one must first interview with their presbyter. So before the interview process our presbyter Pastor Ron Phillips gave us the opportunity to minister to his congregation. It was a blessing for a couple of different reasons. One of those reasons is because my father, step-mother, and niece came to the service which is not very far from where they live. The other reason is because the very first church service my daughter was able to attend I was the one of the guest speakers. Although she will never remember that moment I will always remember and be thankful for the memories.

Bishop & Sis. DePriest with TN Superintendent Ron Brown
Second Service
The memories however did not stop there. On Saturday she attended her second service at our home church The Pentecostals of Murfreesboro (TPOM). We received countless compliments and love from our church family. But this particular service was very special. We were honoring a man that has been my spiritual father since I moved to Murfreesboro. Words cannot describe the respect I have for this man and his wife. Pastor DePriest and Sis. D have been the best pastor and pastor's wife anyone could ask for. They were the one's that married my wife and I, showed up at the hospital when Harper was born, and now Harper's second service was the installation service of now Bishop Phil DePriest. Afterwards a dinner in honor of Bishop was held for all the ministers in attendance. At the dinner my baby girl was met by many pastors from across the state including Tennessee District Superintendent Ron Brown and Sis. Brown, and Secretary Jackie Wilkerson and Sis. Wilkerson. 
The DePriest visiting Harper 












Third Service
The third service will impact her the most for the rest of her life. It was the Sunday that we installed Kevin Allen as Senior Pastor of TPOM. It means a lot to me that we were there because this is the man who will be the pastor of my baby girl. A man that I have incredible respect for and one that I look up to as a leader. As a spiritual leader he will be untouchable and I know that Harper is in great hands. He is a father to three beautiful girls and for me being a young husband and father just starting out he has been an inspiration to me and I have so much respect for him. Sis. Chassidy Allen was the nurse that gave Harper her first bath and took care of her, all on her day off! She is a wonderful person and will make the perfect First Lady of the church.
Senior Pastor Kevin & Chassidy Allen
Video of Bishop passing the mantle to Senior Pastor Kevin Allen



Installation photo's provided by Pastor Terry Freeman. 
Video provided by Lindsay Coppinger.






No comments:

Post a Comment